At Green Marble Tours we are determined to provide you with guest-friendly terms and conditions that reflect our commitment to excellence. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Final Payment
- Accepted Payment Methods
- Booking Form
- Cancellation Policy
- Itinerary Changes
- Traveller Code
- Limitations of Liability
- Your Privacy
To reserve your trip, we require a deposit of €100 per person, unless it is a customised private tour in which case a deposit of 15% of the tour cost will be required to secure the trip. Once your deposit has been received, we will send you a confirmation.
The balance of your payment is due 30 days prior to the departure date. This balance will automatically be charged to your credit card on file unless other arrangements have been made. For reservations booked within 30 days of the tour’s departure, final payment is due at the time of booking.
Accepted Payment Methods
Payments must be in Euro, and can be made by bank transfer, cheque (in your local currency please contact us for the exchange rate of the day), or by credit card (Visa and Master Card).
Once you have decided to book a tour, please let us know and we will send you your booking form and invoice. The booking form must be completed, signed and returned ideally within 10 days of reserving your trip. This form enables us to secure your bicycle, note dietary restrictions, and recognize special requests you may have. It also includes a Release of Liability clause (lawyer’s talk) and anybody not having signed same, prior to trip departure will not be allowed to join the trip and the cancellation policy will apply.
Back to Top
We encourage all our guests to purchase travel insurance to protect their financial investment. Green Marble Tours Ltd does not offer travel insurance. However, we highly recommend taking the precaution of buying it, as we have seen many cases of unexpected cancellations. Visit www.InsureMyTrip.com for a comparison of travel insurance companies and available options.
Things to think about when purchasing travel insurance:
- lost/damaged luggage
- emergency medical care
- medical repatriation flight in the event of a medical emergency
You can count on us to be reasonable, understanding and flexible in applying the following cancellation policies. Fairness is our goal.
Cancellations, refunds and transfers
We advise that you take out trip cancellation insurance at the time of booking. Should you be unable to proceed with your tour for any reason you should inform us immediately. Our cancellation and refund policy for all tours is as follows:
- If you cancel at least 4 weeks before the tour start date, we will release all the funds bar costs incurred (bank charges).
- If you cancel between 4 weeks and 2 weeks before the start date, you can choose between either a refund of 70% of your total payment or forfeiting your deposit and rebooking the same tour at an alternative date.
- If you cancel after the 14-day deadline, there will be no refund or rebooking since we will then be liable to pay for the pre-booked accommodation.
In the unlikely event that we have to cancel your tour for any reason, we will refund all money paid to us for your tour.
If GMT has to cancel a trip, you’ll receive a full refund.
Please note the following details regarding GMT’s Cancellation Policy:
- Guests who fail to provide a signed Release of Liability prior to trip departure will not be allowed to join the trip and the cancellation policy will apply.
- GMT reserves the right to cancel any trip at any time for any reason. On the rare occasions when we must cancel a trip, all tour payments received to date will be refunded, which constitutes full settlement.
- Private Tour packages may be subject to different terms and conditions as outlined in the final proposal.
Due to circumstances beyond our control, Green Marble Tours reserves the right to make date, route and hotel modifications as needed. Every effort is made to keep changes to a minimum and our high quality is always maintained.
Back to Top
By paying your deposit and completing your Booking Form, you certify your agreement to the following Traveller Code:
- I have chosen a trip that suits my abilities, level of fitness, and state of health.
- I do not have any physical conditions or disabilities that are a hazard to me or other guests.
- I have a valid passport and all visas, permits, certificates, and vaccinations required for travel.
- I will read pre-trip materials about clothing, medical requirements, and other information.
- I will make sure to communicate any special requests. This includes dietary restrictions, medical requirements and room preferences. I also understand that GMT will do all it can to accommodate special requests but cannot guarantee they will be possible.
- I will respect the laws and customs of Ireland.
- I will follow environmental guidelines and regulations while on the trip in accordance with guide direction.
- I will respect the rights and privacy of other trip members.
- I understand that travel within a group invariably involves compromise to accommodate diverse desires, travel goals, personalities, and physical abilities of all group members. Our guides may be required to improvise and exercise good faith, use discretion and/or make decisions based upon group consensus. These decisions may not always please each individual, but are intended to satisfy the larger desires of the group.
- I understand that Green Marble Tours reserves the right to refuse service during a tour to anyone whose health or behaviour could impede the welfare or enjoyment of fellow guests. An individual may be asked to leave a trip if the leader feels that the person’s continuing participation may prove detrimental to the individual or the group.
- I understand a road less travelled means access to medical facilities and evacuation services may be limited.
- I understand the weather is out of GMT’s control.
- I will always wear a helmet when riding.
- I will not wear headphones when riding and I will drink alcohol responsibly.
- For bicycle hire I am within the weight restrictions imposed by the bicycle manufacturers. Please note these weight restrictions are for rider, carrier and all items carried on the bike, not just rider weight.
Road bicycles 105kg/230lbs
Hybrid bicycles: 117kg/260lbs
Teen bikes: 100kg/222lbs
Kid’s bike 24″ wheel: 52kg/115lbs
Limitations of Liability
All terms are outlined in your signed release of liability. GMT is not liable for bodily injury or property damage as a result of (but not limited to): physical exertion for which a guest is not prepared; forces of nature; collisions with bicycles, pedestrians or automobilies, road conditions including or not limited to lack of shoulder and roadway surfaces affected by weather conditions; travel by plane, train, auto, boat, or other conveyance, or by bicycle, ski, horseback, foot, or other form of active or adventure travel; consumption of alcoholic beverages; civil unrest; terrorism; breakdown of equipment; high altitude; lack of or limited access to medical attention in remote locations; and the adequacy of medical attention once provided. GMT is also not liable for: expenses (e.g., meals, transportation, or hotel costs) that are not specified as included in the trip cost but may be required to get to or from a trip start or end. GMT reserves the right to make route and hotel modifications as necessary to improve the quality of a trip or to accommodate the comfort and well-being of guests. Guests grant GMT express permission to take photographs or film records of its trips for promotional and commercial use, without remuneration. The guest agrees to assign all right, title and interest they may have in or to any media in which their name or likeness might be used to GMT. Also guests agree that GMT may use any testimonials regarding services rendered for promotional and/or commercial purposes without any remuneration.
Back to Top
Although we have to collect some information about you in order to plan our trip and ensure your comfort and safety, we are committed to respecting your privacy and to protecting the security of your personal information. Green Marble Tours will not sell, rent, lease, trade or disclose information about our guests to third parties unless required by law.